Tetsworth – Rycote – Waterstock – Waterperry – Forest Hill
OS Map Sheet Sheet 125,000 OS Explorer Series Sheets 171 Chiltern Hills West & 180 Oxford, Witney & Woodstock
Getting there from Aylesbury – (Approx 18 miles): From Aylesbury follow A418 to Junction 8A on the M40, and then the A40 and the B4027 to Forest Hill.
Getting There from Oxford : (Approx 5 miles): From Oxford take the A40 south towards the M40 and take the B4027 exit for Forest Hill.
Download PDF RAVE Walk 8 July April Oxfordshire Way Stage 3
Ridgeway and Vale Expeditions Walkers’ Code
- Walks will normally take place on the second Sunday in the month. In some months, where there is an overriding event, the day may be changed.
- It helps the Organiser to know who is intending to turn up. Please make contact beforehand.
- Grades of Walk are – Leisurely, Moderate, and Strenuous. If you are new to the group and to walking, start with a walk graded “Leisurely”, and build up.
- Walkers are reminded that they attend walks at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety. Make sure you bring the appropriate gear for the conditions and adequate food and drink. Also make sure you have your medication and blood sugar meter handy. Especially on long walks, carry emergency provisions.
- A First Aid kit and additional glucose will be carried by an experienced member of the group. Please check your blood sugar at intervals on a walk.
- Follow the Country Code. Respect, protect and enjoy the countryside. Take home your rubbish and bury any human waste.
- Walks Leaders are responsible for keeping the group together and path finding. Please do not go ahead of the Leader. Always inform the Leader or back marker if you wish to leave the walk, however briefly. Always inform the Leader if you are feeling hypoglaecemic or if you believe another member of the group’s blood sugar is low.
- On public roads, take great care to walk in single file, facing oncoming traffic unless advised to do otherwise by the Leader.
- Dogs will be allowed on walks at the discretion of the Leader. Please keep them on leads when there is stock about or on roads.
- Remove or cover up muddy boots when entering a pub or tearoom. Do not consume your own food or drink on the premises, including the garden without permission. (If you enter a pub to use the toilet, buy a drink.)